[CentOS] ps/2 mouse stopped working

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[CentOS] ps/2 mouse stopped working

Gergely Buday
Hi there,

I was using a ps/2 mouse.

I had to connect a ps/2 keyboard. As I have only one ps/2 socket I
connected an usb mouse.

I then removed the other keyboard and reconnected the ps/2 mouse and
removed the usb mouse.

Now the ps/2 mouse does not work, even after reboot. What should I do?

- Gergely
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] ps/2 mouse stopped working

Frank Cox-2
On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 17:04:14 +0100
Gergely Buday wrote:

> Now the ps/2 mouse does not work, even after reboot. What should I do?

If the computer was turned on when you did this swapping around, there is a slight chance that you shorted the connection and killed the socket.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] ps/2 mouse stopped working

Gergely Buday
> > Now the ps/2 mouse does not work, even after reboot. What should I do?
>
> If the computer was turned on when you did this swapping around, there is a slight chance that you shorted the connection and killed the socket.

I reconnected the other keyboard and I write this e-mail from it so
this did not happen. Thanks for the advice though.

- Gergely
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] ps/2 mouse stopped working

Always Learning-3
In reply to this post by Frank Cox-2

On Sat, 2014-11-15 at 10:12 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 17:04:14 +0100
> Gergely Buday wrote:
>
> > Now the ps/2 mouse does not work, even after reboot. What should I do?
>
> If the computer was turned on when you did this swapping around, there is a slight chance that you shorted the connection and killed the socket.

Shouldn't USB be 'hot swappable' with the current limited to about 0.5
amps ?  

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.

Learning until I die or experience dementia.


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] ps/2 mouse stopped working

Frank Cox-2
On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:24:59 +0000
Always Learning wrote:

> Shouldn't USB be 'hot swappable' with the current limited to about 0.5
> amps ?  

USB connections are hot swappable, but PS/2 sockets are not.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
g
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [CentOS] ps/2 mouse stopped working

g
In reply to this post by Gergely Buday


On 11/15/2014 10:20 AM, Gergely Buday wrote:
>>> Now the ps/2 mouse does not work, even after reboot. What should
>>> I do?
>>
>> If the computer was turned on when you did this swapping around,
>> there is a slight chance that you shorted the connection and killed
>> the socket.
>
> I reconnected the other keyboard and I write this e-mail from it so
> this did not happen. Thanks for the advice though.

try another mouse.
try mouse on diff box.

in both cases, _turn_off_power_ before connecting and disconnecting.

use usb mouse.


--

peace out.

in a world with out fences, who needs gates.

tc,hago.

g
.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos